Prepare BANKU, UGALI, CORN FUFU, COUSCOUS DE MAIZE using My Hometown Corn Dough
- 4 cup water, or more
- 2 cup MY HOMETOWN CORN DOUGH powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Instructions [4-5 Servings]
1. Add ½ teaspoon salt to 4 cups of water in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to
boil, remove about a cup of the boiled water and set aside.
2. With the saucepan on the fire gradually whisk in the corn dough powder, keep stirring with a
wooden spoon to prevent lumps. Steady saucepan then kneading with the spoon to a
smooth thickened mass.
3. Lower heat and add the remaining boiled water, cover and cook for another 15-20 minutes,
stirring at intervals, more water may be added to desired texture while cooking.
4. Turn off the heat then scoop out balls of Banku with the wooden spoon or with a small bowl
– shake and form a ball by rolling around a bowl.
5. Serve with soup, stew or savoury source.
Prepare KOKO, AKAMU, CORN PORRIDGE, PAP, OGI, MILLIE PAP using My Hometown Corn Dough
Ingredients [5 Servings]
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 cup MY HOMETOWN CORN DOUGH powder
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in large saucepan
2. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal, while stirring with a wooden spoon or ladle.
3. Reduce the heat and cook until the mixture thickens about 15 minutes.
4. Add more water to adjust consistency as desired.
5. Turn off the heat, add favouring sugar and milk [OPTIONAL: vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon,
coconut milk, roasted peanuts] and serve hot.